- "Softness is not weakness. It takes courage to stay delicate in a world this cruel."
- Perhaps to deal with dilemmas in life is to learn to prioritize between 'what is it that I am going to be held accountable for' and differentiate it from other challenges. Such is the way one can attain peace of heart.
- Follow Sameera Hameed on WordPress.com
'Somewhere along the line, you lose the desire to desire. A point where whatever comes your way is welcomed and what doesn't is least bothered about. Maybe this very feeling is the objective of our trials; to take away that yearning for this dunya from our hearts.
Maybe this is the end of it all....'
- Let Allah speak for you. In that, is the Best of defence...
April 2018 M T W T F S S « Dec 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- Allah SWT
- Broken Heart
تزكية النفس"Sometimes we just have to stop pretending to be strong. Admit our weaknesses and seek our strength in Him. Rejuvenate our heart through prayers for prayers are the cure for all illnesses."
"Sometimes the power of Dua is such that it flies through the skies faster than light, where the cries of the heart are calmed before the very next heartbeat, and that tranquility is given to the desperate caller from the One who is As-Sami', the One Who hears all.
All this, before the caller has even dropped their hands from it's raised position. SubhanAllah!" :')
Prioritize!Adab in knowledge is to know the rightful place of everything in your life.
- Follow Sameera Hameed on WordPress.com
Read Away! :)
- Qur’an Speaks
- How strong is the nail rooted?
- 4 simple ways you can etch the Quran in your heart iA
- When you ask for directions :)
- The town that was ‘by the sea’..
- The journey..
- Peace | Part 2
- ‘they were near to not doing it.’
- When even the Shaytan ran for his life…
- Never will you find for them a helper…
- ‘O you who have believed, believe!’
- Woe to those who pray!
- A Beautiful Contract
- Rising from the Lowest of the Low
- In Thy Name We live
- Matters Of The Heart
- Maryam’s AS silence.
- Oh What’s that! ‘Too sinful to be forgiven. Too bad to do good’ ?
- What does it mean to have a peace of heart?
- And there you are, staring at Allah SWT. :’)
- When things just don’t seem to work out
- Ramadan’s coming and I am SO not ready
- When someone so close to Allah is depressed, how do you soothe them?
- Of Overcoming Roadblocks in Life
- When the heart craves empathy
- The light will shine through..
- While he’s been away…
- Can’t wear the Hijab
- Healing A Broken Heart </3
- Let Go.
- So let me NOT talk about ‘Marriage’ here…
- Don’t Be Sad
- Fly soul, fly…
- Fix your end now.
- When dua isn’t about what we want..
- Of fallen flowers on the ground..
- Of Shadows in life.
- You don’t remember anything, ma.
- I Fail..
- It’s who we are, by default
- Miracles Happen
- Throw that pride away..
- The Little Bird Now Has Faith
- Self Introspection
- That Perpetual Presence
- While the Pigeons ate to their fill..
- Parenting Diary
- My Little steps for this not-so-great Ramadan..
- To those who want to do big things in life.. :)
- You Are Powerful.. NOT.
- My brilliant companions and their brilliant ways ;)
- [When You Work for Allah’s Sake – Part 1] Prerequisites of Being a Great Volunteer
- Far so Uncertain, Yet…
- Shine And Shape
- Let Me Grow OR Let Me Go
- Eid- A Return
- Saam’s Art Gallery
- December 2017
- October 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- April 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- October 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- March 2014
- October 2013
- July 2013
- January 2013
- November 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- March 2012
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
SaamHameed TwitterMy Tweets
- Bloom where you're planted? Often I'm told, "Bloom where you're planted." Yes. But flowers, they need the right environment to bloom. Or else they die. And stink. Yes, flowers can stink. Don't be the reason for it. If we really want a flower to bloom, we've got to do our part in nourishing it. More than often, if you want someones true potential to bloom, you've got to appreciate their efforts. You've got to show pride in their works. That's how they keep getting better. Looking back at my childhood, I've noticed that most of my milestones and achievements have been due to the way my parents and mentors appreciated my works, efforts or me. It's amazing how one positive comment could lift up my childs enthusiasm and improve his ability to try again! Its so common to taunt and tease children and mock them telling them they can't do it. Adults do this to adults too! I despise it. I would never imagine the Prophet SAW do this. Every little thing that I was mocked at, during my childhood, are things I have a complex for now. This is not how we let people grow; be it our children, others children, students, friends, spouses or anyone. This reminds me of Allah's beautiful name and attribute ; AsShakoor. The Most Appreciative. Where He does exactly this - appreciate. Appreciate what? He appreciates our efforts. Everything we do, intending to gain His pleasure, is not forgotten. So if you've remained silent, patient instead of getting angry, if you've silently waited for your dreams to come true while enduring other hardships to it, its also a way of attaining rewards manifold. " 'Shukr' is defined as recognizing and appreciating when good is done. Shakoor in Arabic is also used to describe an animal that is given little food but gives back much. So it revolves around receiving something, even if small, and giving back much because of it. Al-Ghazali tells us that ash-Shakoor is “the one who rewards the practice of a few pious deeds many-fold, and in response to the action of a few days, gives limitless happiness in the life to come. (cont in comments)Whats that numb feeling. Of wanting to and not wanting to pray, of a feeling quiet away from the self. A drag emptiness and some solace in sadness? Of a weird longing for the unknown. Sometimes, you don't know what it is. There may be no word for what you feel. So you don't know what solution to seek. Just pray. It may not be the time for prayer yet but take the mat and pray. Not coz you *have* to. But coz you don't know how to fix your soul. Stand there. And imagine yourself turning to Him. And Him getting back to you in a bigger way. Leave all that stress. Breathe. Sometimes.. all you need is hope in that one sincere prayer of yours, where you ask Him to take care of your heart. "I don't understand the state of my heart today ya Allah." Tell Him; you don't want to, but you did. Seek Him. Say, "I leave myself and my soul in your care. I don't know what it needs. But I trust You do. You cared. I submit." Sometimes we just have to admit all our weaknesses and seek our strength in submitting to Him. Believe; His promise is He'd come running if we took a step walking. Take that weak step. Crawl even. He'll have your back. :') One step at a time. One day at a time. Dont look too far ahead. Yet, don't look behind ever. Just keep going. Start afresh! Its a new day today. You've woken up and gotten another chance at life. Grab it. Picture: @prayanywhereThe sun rises gradually and sets gradually. It doesn't just switch on and off. The light that enters the world and leaves it does so only slowly. You don't even realise the darkness come in.. Everything takes time. Give time to your heart, for light will only enter it gradually. If you're in a good state of eman today, then watch out for the little things that die it out gradually. If you're in a low state of faith today then fret not, and look out for the little things that bring light to the heart gradually.. Start little and keep going. ❤My life could have been much more harder than this. To handle two babies under two, one constantly needing to bf and the other down with fever, flu and croup. But being with family has surely given me more hands while I'm handful. Even my little brother in law (and my father in law) manages to hold the baby and put him to sleep while I'm concentrating on Ahmed. They don't HAVE to do all this. But they do so. And I'm forever grateful for that. One of Allah's names and attributes is AsShakoor. It means being grateful, appreciative. I always wondered why would Allah swt ever, like EVER need to be grateful? And How do I really Live with this name of his? His name AsShakoor is a solace, a piece of comfort during hard times; especially when noone noticed our hardships and patience, that He has. To live with His name asShakoor, we must never forget the favours done upon us by Him, or by others. Often times, we forget our loved ones favours upon us when they displease us with something. In that moment, we spark and make them feel unappreciated. Even if we didnt mean to, they'd end up feeling our ungratefulness for all that they did for us. There are times we get really hurt with peoples words, but how you deal with that is by asking AsShakoor to help you to never show ingratitude to those especially during sensitive times. It.helps to stay resilient and actually in a way strengthens your bond with them. Try it next time when you're about to burst out of anger. The next stage is to practice gratitude by giving them back in other ways. When you try to live with the names of Allah SWT, you gradually beautify your flawed heart. And that, is a beautiful journey to embark on. :) Its heart breaking to see your ever enthusiastic baby to be sick. But as Allah SWT has promised in His beautiful words 'verily with every difficulty, there is ease', I surely find ease with my difficulty today. I find it in my family. #Alhamdulillah 'And if you thank me, I'll increase you in blessings' Its only day 3 of my writing challenge and I'm feeling it therapeutic already, to find what am I grateful for everyday.Happiness is, when you've been yearning to write since its been ages, and you think to yourself its okay to not let some thoughts on paper; someone sends you a picture saying they've been reading your stuff :) #keepwriting #motivatedmama #motivation I'm going to start a 30 day challenge to write for 30 mins at the end everyday :) I have some ink pals joining me to keep me going. Anyone interested?Ahmed and me, watching one of the biggest events in our families life - Little sisters graduation ceremony Live. :') This moment is so special and makes us so proud of not only our little baby, but also our parents; our parents brought up not one, not 2, but Five daughters, at a time when "a girl baby" being born was a huuuuuge thing in society, there was noone fighting for womans rights back then, and infact society only pressured and taunted parents of girls. Today we enjoy a lot of freedom and rights that women of the past were denied, and thats because of parents like them who didnt shy away in their wise decisions while bringing "girls" up back then and went ahead to give us the best lives they could. Today must be such a proud day for mom and dad. Today all your five daughters have successfully climbed mountains and are ready to contribute to the world and our families. :') Wherever we go, people praise you for your upbringing of us. And it only makes us so much proud of you. I wonder how it feels mom dad, to come to this day 💝 Congratulations to YOU Amma Atha, :') Our inspiration, Our role models and Our world. #girlpower #Alhamdulillah
Tag Archives: Poems
I yearn for you in my dreams To talk to you and tell you things And ask you a million new To look up to you, just observe you To see how you just do what you do I yearn … Continue reading