- "Softness is not weakness. It takes courage to stay delicate in a world this cruel."
- Perhaps to deal with dilemmas in life is to learn to prioritize between 'what is it that I am going to be held accountable for' and differentiate it from other challenges. Such is the way one can attain peace of heart.
- Follow Sameera Hameed on WordPress.com
'Somewhere along the line, you lose the desire to desire. A point where whatever comes your way is welcomed and what doesn't is least bothered about. Maybe this very feeling is the objective of our trials; to take away that yearning for this dunya from our hearts.
Maybe this is the end of it all....'
- Let Allah speak for you. In that, is the Best of defence...
- Allah SWT
- Broken Heart
تزكية النفس"Sometimes we just have to stop pretending to be strong. Admit our weaknesses and seek our strength in Him. Rejuvenate our heart through prayers for prayers are the cure for all illnesses."
"Sometimes the power of Dua is such that it flies through the skies faster than light, where the cries of the heart are calmed before the very next heartbeat, and that tranquility is given to the desperate caller from the One who is As-Sami', the One Who hears all.
All this, before the caller has even dropped their hands from it's raised position. SubhanAllah!" :')
Prioritize!Adab in knowledge is to know the rightful place of everything in your life.
- Follow Sameera Hameed on WordPress.com
Read Away! :)
- Qur’an Speaks
- How strong is the nail rooted?
- 4 simple ways you can etch the Quran in your heart iA
- When you ask for directions :)
- The town that was ‘by the sea’..
- The journey..
- Peace | Part 2
- ‘they were near to not doing it.’
- When even the Shaytan ran for his life…
- Never will you find for them a helper…
- ‘O you who have believed, believe!’
- Woe to those who pray!
- A Beautiful Contract
- Rising from the Lowest of the Low
- In Thy Name We live
- Matters Of The Heart
- Maryam’s AS silence.
- Oh What’s that! ‘Too sinful to be forgiven. Too bad to do good’ ?
- What does it mean to have a peace of heart?
- And there you are, staring at Allah SWT. :’)
- When things just don’t seem to work out
- Ramadan’s coming and I am SO not ready
- When someone so close to Allah is depressed, how do you soothe them?
- Of Overcoming Roadblocks in Life
- When the heart craves empathy
- The light will shine through..
- While he’s been away…
- Can’t wear the Hijab
- Healing A Broken Heart </3
- Let Go.
- So let me NOT talk about ‘Marriage’ here…
- Don’t Be Sad
- Fly soul, fly…
- Fix your end now.
- When dua isn’t about what we want..
- Of fallen flowers on the ground..
- Of Shadows in life.
- You don’t remember anything, ma.
- I Fail..
- It’s who we are, by default
- Miracles Happen
- Throw that pride away..
- The Little Bird Now Has Faith
- Self Introspection
- That Perpetual Presence
- While the Pigeons ate to their fill..
- Parenting Diary
- Saam’s Art Gallery
- My Little steps for this not-so-great Ramadan..
- To those who want to do big things in life.. :)
- You Are Powerful.. NOT.
- My brilliant companions and their brilliant ways ;)
- [When You Work for Allah’s Sake – Part 1] Prerequisites of Being a Great Volunteer
- Far so Uncertain, Yet…
- Shine And Shape
- Let Me Grow OR Let Me Go
- Eid- A Return
- December 2018
- December 2017
- October 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- April 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- October 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- March 2014
- October 2013
- July 2013
- January 2013
- November 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- March 2012
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
SaamHameed TwitterMy Tweets
- Do we believe in His promise enough? Like really? The past few months, whilst I was facing an issue that was so difficult to fathom; I was so lost and didnt know how to tackle it. But I also didnt want to run away from it; neither could I discuss it with anyone close to me. And at the same time, I was begging Allah to bring justice and speak up for me whilst I couldn't and to show me light in it. Some tests are like that. It's like a bang that hits you so hard and pushes you to the ground and forces you to seek help from Him alone in any possible way. And so everytime I prayed istikharah for my consequential decisions or just had a question in my heart and confusion I my mind....I would find an exact verse from the Qur'an speaking exactly its answer. E.X.A.C.T.L.Y. Except, that it wasn't the answer I sought. It was always exactly opposite of what my heart desired. It didnt feel like those quran moments we usually get. It was more of like.. 'what? erm okay so I have to do this. not that..but whyyyy?it's not fair. I don't see the wisdom at all. I can't see my situation improve at all. This is only getting harder. Why me?' And I'd be wondering whether I'm understanding the solutions correctly. I'd look for ways to justify myself but the opposite would be stronger. Infact, MY heart would be at peace doing exactly the opposite simply because it was strength from the words of Allah. I'd do something in the line of what my heart desired, and not feel at peace at all. And then too that thought of mine- 'Is this really the way then? Even tho this is the chance for me to fulfil my dreams, I shoudnt go for it now?' was answered by this- إِنَّ هَٰذَا الْقُرْآنَ يَهْدِي لِلَّتِي هِيَ أَقْوَمُ وَيُبَشِّرُ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ الَّذِينَ يَعْمَلُونَ الصَّالِحَاتِ أَنَّ لَهُمْ أَجْرًا كَبِيرًا - 17:9 A message that hits you saying- Do you truly, TRULY believe that the Qur'an is your absolute guidance through life? Because if so, and for His sake you truly blindly with full faith, accept it, follow it, then He says you have a 'great reward'. Wait for it. :) #quranspeaksI have been wanting to say this. There's nothing like the Quran. Nothing. It's a miracle. It's a healer of our hearts. A solution to all our problems. Just imagine the feeling of facing a test in your life feeling so so lonely and yearning for someone to comfort you? And then imagine being comforted by none other than Allah swt through His words? Imagine needing desperate guidance when you're so so confused and then imagine getting it thru Allah swt alone,thru His beautiful words? There's nothing like the Quran. It's a huge huge blessing and a huge gift to us. Do we deserve this? Maybe not. But we can be grateful for it and show it by making the best use of this blessing. ❤💗 What this lost ummah needs right now is an absolute connection to the Qur'an. Recite the Qur’aan with a desire to cure your hearts from sadness and difficulty and to remove any doubts in your mind. *يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ قَدْ جَاءَتْكُم مَّوْعِظَةٌ مِّن رَّبِّكُمْ وَشِفَاءٌ لِّمَا فِي الصُّدُورِ وَهُدًى وَرَحْمَةٌ لِّلْمُؤْمِنِينَ* Oh mankind, there has to come to you instruction from your Lord and healing for what is in the breasts and guidance and mercy for the believers. [10:57] #quranFrom about 6 and a half months ago, ever since the death of my "Nannima", I had abandoned my garden. Not because of her, just house chores with sometimes NIL workers to help, or emotional disturbances in different phases of life, a busy Ramadan, and then Hajj preparation, Hajj itself to now. I literally hardly watered my plants. Today I just wanted to soak in some rain when it was drizzling. I wanted to be carefree without a worry about falling sick or getting wet or getting scolded. I just wanted to feel the drops on my face and let the coolness drench down my disturbed mind and soak in some peace. While I did that, while I took my sons with me to analyse our abandoned garden, these roses welcomed us. From 7 pots of plants in my garden,I have three pots dead and 4 pots that continued to grow through the sunny days. And not just that! They even housed butterflies and bees that sprung upon us, to the delight of my children! They continued to live through the hot scorching days I ignored them and budded these beautiful red roses. Thankyou beautiful roses for teaching me that you need to move on regardless of tests you face. You need to still be who you are and continue growing through the nourishment you have within you. And lastly, let the buds within you always bloom to make this world a better place to live in. Regardless of how cruel it is. How trying it is. How difficult it is. Spread love and kindness always. #kindness #mercy #bloom #forgivenessSometimes you face a test in life and you don't at all understand why or how in the world could it possibly happen to you. Never in your dreams you'd imagine facing it. Stand right there and say the words of Aisha RA when there was no one to defend her chastity- not her mother, nor her father; the one promised paradise, and neither her noble husband, the Prophet of Allah, SAW. Imagine that! All she said were the words of Yaqub AS and quoted the Quran; 'fa-sabrun jamil'. And when she turned away from everyone because she knew her truth, Allah SWT revealed verses of the Quran in her defense! Who better than Allah to defend you? To save you from your test? Rejoice with patience because beautiful patience is what they all had when Allah granted them His aid. Fa Sabrun Jameel.Often we are told, that you cannot pour from an empty cup. But you can. The more you give, the more you fill your soul, you soften your heart. 💛 You can give in so many tangible and intangible ways. You can give to the alive and to your beloved dead ones too! You can give to the poor but you also can give to the rich. You can give children and to the aged. You can feel so lonely and yet make someone else's day, which in turn fills your heart with richy fullness. You can give to the sick and to the able. You can give to your family miles away and to your neighbours. You can give. And With no expectations of having any returns at all, except from Allah, YOU CAN GIVE. :') Ramadan, and Eid, for me this year has been about 'giving'. I gave literally until the last penny I had left and then again from the scraps that I had around too. I'm not just talking about "charity" here, I'm talking about love, kind words, knowledge, gifts, sincerity and mostly, time. But your heart...will feel full. You'll make a presence miles away in their homes, and so, skies away near your Lord's throne, may your name be buzzed like the bee for all that you utter of Allah's praise. Ameen. Let's be of those who give give give :) Eid Mubarak!You'll find His kindness in everything and everywhere, when you live to seek His pleasure alone. 💛 وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يَشْرِي نَفْسَهُ ابْتِغَاءَ مَرْضَاتِ اللَّهِ وَاللَّهُ رَءُوفٌ بِالْعِبَادِ And among mankind is he who sells himself to seek the pleasure of Allah; and Allah is Most Kind to (His) servants. (2:207) #quran #quranjournal
Be that little pebble if you must
Get those ripples about
Bring those waves aloud
So be that pebble if you must
Sow those seeds wherever you go
Even If you don’t get to watch those trees grow
Sow them. Water them. Let them grow.
Be that flower if you must.
Scent the hand that got you crushed.
Be that flower if you must
Beautify the ground, fallen or plucked.
For pebbles can cause big ripples,
flowers beautify the barren ground,
and only seeds buried deep down
grow bringing new life…
What then, if you weren’t you?
Be all of yourself.
Fight for it, if you must.
But Don’t you cause a tornado
make it instead a lovely storm
And don’t you grow a poisoned weed
cause ripples could work either ways
And gardens must be revived day by day
So be all of yourself.
But be the best of yourself.