- "Softness is not weakness. It takes courage to stay delicate in a world this cruel."
- Perhaps to deal with dilemmas in life is to learn to prioritize between 'what is it that I am going to be held accountable for' and differentiate it from other challenges. Such is the way one can attain peace of heart.
- Follow Sameera Hameed on WordPress.com
'Somewhere along the line, you lose the desire to desire. A point where whatever comes your way is welcomed and what doesn't is least bothered about. Maybe this very feeling is the objective of our trials; to take away that yearning for this dunya from our hearts.
Maybe this is the end of it all....'
- Let Allah speak for you. In that, is the Best of defence...
October 2019 M T W T F S S « Dec 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Allah SWT
- Broken Heart
تزكية النفس"Sometimes we just have to stop pretending to be strong. Admit our weaknesses and seek our strength in Him. Rejuvenate our heart through prayers for prayers are the cure for all illnesses."
"Sometimes the power of Dua is such that it flies through the skies faster than light, where the cries of the heart are calmed before the very next heartbeat, and that tranquility is given to the desperate caller from the One who is As-Sami', the One Who hears all.
All this, before the caller has even dropped their hands from it's raised position. SubhanAllah!" :')
Prioritize!Adab in knowledge is to know the rightful place of everything in your life.
- Follow Sameera Hameed on WordPress.com
Read Away! :)
- Qur’an Speaks
- How strong is the nail rooted?
- 4 simple ways you can etch the Quran in your heart iA
- When you ask for directions :)
- The town that was ‘by the sea’..
- The journey..
- Peace | Part 2
- ‘they were near to not doing it.’
- When even the Shaytan ran for his life…
- Never will you find for them a helper…
- ‘O you who have believed, believe!’
- Woe to those who pray!
- A Beautiful Contract
- Rising from the Lowest of the Low
- In Thy Name We live
- Matters Of The Heart
- Maryam’s AS silence.
- Oh What’s that! ‘Too sinful to be forgiven. Too bad to do good’ ?
- What does it mean to have a peace of heart?
- And there you are, staring at Allah SWT. :’)
- When things just don’t seem to work out
- Ramadan’s coming and I am SO not ready
- When someone so close to Allah is depressed, how do you soothe them?
- Of Overcoming Roadblocks in Life
- When the heart craves empathy
- The light will shine through..
- While he’s been away…
- Can’t wear the Hijab
- Healing A Broken Heart </3
- Let Go.
- So let me NOT talk about ‘Marriage’ here…
- Don’t Be Sad
- Fly soul, fly…
- Fix your end now.
- When dua isn’t about what we want..
- Of fallen flowers on the ground..
- Of Shadows in life.
- You don’t remember anything, ma.
- I Fail..
- It’s who we are, by default
- Miracles Happen
- Throw that pride away..
- The Little Bird Now Has Faith
- Self Introspection
- That Perpetual Presence
- While the Pigeons ate to their fill..
- Parenting Diary
- My Little steps for this not-so-great Ramadan..
- To those who want to do big things in life.. :)
- You Are Powerful.. NOT.
- My brilliant companions and their brilliant ways ;)
- [When You Work for Allah’s Sake – Part 1] Prerequisites of Being a Great Volunteer
- Far so Uncertain, Yet…
- Shine And Shape
- Let Me Grow OR Let Me Go
- Eid- A Return
- Saam’s Art Gallery
- December 2018
- December 2017
- October 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- April 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- October 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- March 2014
- October 2013
- July 2013
- January 2013
- November 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- March 2012
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
SaamHameed TwitterMy Tweets
- Sometimes you face a test in life and you don't at all understand why or how in the world could it possibly happen to you. Never in your dreams you'd imagine facing it. Stand right there and say the words of Aisha RA when there was no one to defend her chastity- not her mother, nor her father; the one promised paradise, and neither her noble husband, the Prophet of Allah, SAW. Imagine that! All she said were the words of Yaqub AS and quoted the Quran; 'fa-sabrun jamil'. And when she turned away from everyone because she knew her truth, Allah SWT revealed verses of the Quran in her defense! Who better than Allah to defend you? To save you from your test? Rejoice with patience because beautiful patience is what they all had when Allah granted them His aid. Fa Sabrun Jameel.Often we are told, that you cannot pour from an empty cup. But you can. The more you give, the more you fill your soul, you soften your heart. 💛 You can give in so many tangible and intangible ways. You can give to the alive and to your beloved dead ones too! You can give to the poor but you also can give to the rich. You can give children and to the aged. You can feel so lonely and yet make someone else's day, which in turn fills your heart with richy fullness. You can give to the sick and to the able. You can give to your family miles away and to your neighbours. You can give. And With no expectations of having any returns at all, except from Allah, YOU CAN GIVE. :') Ramadan, and Eid, for me this year has been about 'giving'. I gave literally until the last penny I had left and then again from the scraps that I had around too. I'm not just talking about "charity" here, I'm talking about love, kind words, knowledge, gifts, sincerity and mostly, time. But your heart...will feel full. You'll make a presence miles away in their homes, and so, skies away near your Lord's throne, may your name be buzzed like the bee for all that you utter of Allah's praise. Ameen. Let's be of those who give give give :) Eid Mubarak!You'll find His kindness in everything and everywhere, when you live to seek His pleasure alone. 💛 وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يَشْرِي نَفْسَهُ ابْتِغَاءَ مَرْضَاتِ اللَّهِ وَاللَّهُ رَءُوفٌ بِالْعِبَادِ And among mankind is he who sells himself to seek the pleasure of Allah; and Allah is Most Kind to (His) servants. (2:207) #quran #quranjournalWe sure do have enough people to inspire us to take care of our 'bodies'- toning it, staying fit, looking chick etc. Who is your inspiration when it comes to soul spirituality? I write this as I sit in front of a person who no longer has a name, but is called a 'mayyit', a body; a lifeless body lying there surrounded by its weeping members; cold and waiting for his burial. What matters to him now was how much he fed and nurtured his soul enough to be able face the reality of life,the unseen. A huge luxurious house, or a comfortable inexpensive car doesn't matter anymore. All that money we run for, remains in his cupboard. All his clothes and things left there; neatly folded and never to be worn again. I sit here typing this while I have come to meet an old unwell grandmother. She just had an eye lens operation. Her husband sits there, unable to move his legs for years now. Everytime I have met them and asked them of their wellbeing, he's said 'I'm absolutely fine; i just cant walk'. I sit here , writing this after talking to a 75 year old woman who is so strong and healthy but someone's death she saw, has scared her so much, that she fears to walk without support and sits there quietly holding her head, even though "silence" is not in the dictionary of her character. Who is it that you look upto and what do you send when it comes to nurturing your soul? أَلْهَاكُمُ التَّكَاثُرُ - 102:1 حَتَّىٰ زُرْتُمُ الْمَقَابِرَ - 102:2 كَلَّا سَوْفَ تَعْلَمُونَ - 102:3 ثُمَّ كَلَّا سَوْفَ تَعْلَمُونَ - 102:4 Competition in [worldly] increase diverts you Until you visit the graveyards. No! You are going to know. Then no! You are going to know. No! If you only knew with knowledge of certainty... You will surely see the Hellfire Then you will surely see it with the eye of certainty. Then you will surely be asked that Day about your blessings.Abdullah ibn Amr reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Verily, the faith of one of you will diminish just as a shirt becomes worn out, so ask Allah to renew faith in your hearts.” [Sahih] No matter how much we take care of our new dresses,it will get worn out in time. The Prophet SAW teaches us that it is in the nature of our hearts, for our faith to fade. Its on how well we take care of it to maintain it and keep renewing it. Its time to analyse my heart today and prepare it for the blessed month is coming and an unready heart isnt going to make the best of it. So lets begin today as its never too late! Ya muqallib al Quloob, Thabbit qalbi ala deenik. O turner of hearts, turn my heart towards your deen. Pic: Hameed 1.4 yrs. (Time flies!)'And the Earth shone (will shine) with the brightness of its Lord' "و أشرقت الأرض بنور ربها" Azzumar 69 What a strong verse! A looooongg intended gift for my beloved @habhabana ⚘ Acrylics with a look of watercolors since she wanted watercolors but I wanted it to last longer 🤗
Category Archives: Matters Of The Heart
Recently I was asking my sister if there was a word to describe that hollow empty weird gulpy feeling you get when someone close to you leaves home. We didnt really find a word for it but then I went … Continue reading
This Ramadan hasn’t been quite great from the lens of all those articles screaming how to make the best of Ramadan, how to have the most productive Ramadan ever and what not. This Ramadan, I have not been at my … Continue reading
First, let me tell you how it feels to LIVE your dream. To follow your passion and live a purposeful life you’ve always dreamed of. It’s overwhelming . It’s exhilarating. It’s scary. Yes, you’ll be scared. You’ll be afraid to … Continue reading
You Are Powerful Its the time where one in every five person shares a feel good quote on social media and one of it being “You are powerful. More than you know it”. Even muslims, sadly don’t realize what they’re … Continue reading
Emails are filling up my inbox with information on the first ten days of Dhul Hijjah; Whatsapp is buzzing with numerous reminders and forwarded messages and images on it; Shuyookh’s audio and video recordings on it are being circulated; facebook … Continue reading
‘To be gifted with motherhood, is a beautiful blessing. Not only does the news enlighten the life of the mother-to-be herself, but those near and dear ones around her. While the time nears to bring the baby to the world, … Continue reading